We're seeking an experienced Kitchen Hand/Cook to join our team at Avalon.
Avalon Restaurant & Cocktail Bar at Katoomba is set in the historic Savoy picture theatre building at Katoomba, and combines playful art-deco charm with hearty food, friendly service and spectacular Blue Mountains views.
We have a small but busy kitchen, preparing up to 100+ meals per shift, and we're looking for someone experienced, with enthusiasm, flexibility and a great work ethic to join the team.
You will be responsible for providing food preparation services and general kitchen duties including but not limited to:
- Food handling, preparation and cooking, including storage and rotating of stock, under Head Chef and Kitchen Supervisor's instruction.
- Assembling components of entrees, main meals and desserts during service.
- Operating grill and deep fryer.
- General cleaning of kitchen, equipment and workstations.
- Work in a team environment, communicating and liaising professionally and respectfully with team members, wait staff and other areas of operation.
- Follow hygienic food and beverage handling procedures.
- Any other duties as directed within the scope of job holder’s skills and capabilities.
- Able to work a flexible roster including evening, weekend and public holiday work.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service at all times.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety and Code of Conduct policies and procedures.
Ideal candidates will have the desire to work and learn in a fast paced team environment, with an ability to work under pressure. You must have excellent grooming and presentation standards, strong communication skills, and trade cookery qualifications or relevant experience.
This is a part-time position, and presents a great opportunity to for the right person to forge a key role in our kitchen team.
Please email through your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're seeking expressions of interest from experienced, multi-talented front-of-house staff members to join the team at Avalon.
We need energetic and flexible all-rounders, who enjoys working as part of a team, while delivering exceptional levels of customer service.
Bar experience, including making cocktails is a definite bonus.
Set in the historic Savoy picture theatre building, Avalon Restaurant and Cocktail Bar at Katoomba combines playful art-deco charm with hearty food, friendly service and spectacular Blue Mountains views.
This is a part-time role, mostly working evenings and weekends with the holiday period included.
You must hold a current RSA certificate.
If you'd like to be considered for a role with us, we'd love to hear from you.
Previous applicants welcome to apply.
Working at Avalon
At Avalon we're always on the look-out for like minded people with passion that coincides with our philosophy and unique aesthetic. If you're an energetic and multi-talented kitchen or front-of-house professional and would like to be considered for a role at our exciting Blue Mountains restaurant and cocktail bar, we'd like to hear from you.
- Beautiful Blue Mountains location
- A unique style of dining experience for our guests
- On-going training and development
- Flexible, above award rate of pay
- Work with an energetic professional team
Please email expressions of interest to email@example.com